Achieving in the medicinal field will be a dream for many people, working hard for that. It is a passion-filled study, and you require complete focus on it. The heart is the most beautiful organ in the human body, and it plays an essential role in human’s life and body. People must take some special care of their heart and blood vessels in heart should function well for a healthy life. When people feel something bad in their hearts, they must consult a cardiologist immediately. If you ignore any pains in your heart, it may result in serious heart problems.
Only a heart specialist can diagnose the problem in the heart and be able to provide the solution to various problems in the heart. When you dream about being a cardiologist, you must pursue courses related to that. It is important to choose your cardiology course while studying in school. Because after completing 12th you need to take steps for joining the course and decide the course before completing your school. Many cardiology courses are available in the education field, and you must research it well about it. Don’t worry if you don’t research the cardiology courses after finishing school. The top 5 cardiology courses after the 12th are listed in this post for you.
Top 5 cardiology courses after 12th
B.sc in cardiac technology
The first and best cardiology course for you is b.sc cardiac technology, and it is a course for you to become a cardiac technologist. Both practical and theory papers were involved in this course, and the course duration is 3-4 years. Once you have completed your 12th in science group with biology, chemistry, and physics as the main subject, you can apply for this course. After completing the course, you can help physicians diagnose and treat disorders of the heart. This study includes various topics such as blood banking, human anatomy, haematology etc. The entrance exams like NEET, AIIMS, and SSUTM are necessary for this course, and you can get admission on a merit or entrance basis.
Benefits of B.sc in cardiac technology
- Only a 50% score in 12th is enough for this course.
- The job opportunities for B.Sc cardiac technology graduates are more.
- The worst food habit and rise in population led to the search for more cardio graduates.
- Higher studies in cardiology are possible when you complete this course.
- They can even choose the teaching and research area in institutions.
- Top companies are offering high salary packages for B.Sc cardiac technology graduates.
- You can become a cardiologist, medical sonographer, Dialysis technician, etc. when you complete this course.
- You can attain more knowledge in medicine, and your analytical skills will be developed.
- There is a heavy demand for cardio professionals in society.
- The graduate can get a job in the public and the private sector.
- When you obtain more experience, your standard of life will increase gradually.
- B.Sc in cardiology and thoracic science
The next course is B.Sc in Cardiology and thoracic science, where this course is used to study the thorax and chest. It helps treat and diagnose the problems in those sensitive areas and gives health care to the patients who require cardio treatment. People are eating unhealthy, and junk foods in their daily life and that food easily affects their thorax, heart, and other human organs. It leads to many heart disorders, and immediate attention is necessary for these problems. So B.Sc in cardiology and thoracic science is a useful course for a cardiology course after 12th. The course duration is only two years, and an entrance exam is necessary.
Benefits of B.Sc in cardiology and thoracic science
- Students can attain basic knowledge about physiology on the vascular and cardiothoracic study, cardiology, and critical care management.
- The B.Sc in cardiology and thoracic science graduate knows about using drugs and treatment for reinstating the thorax.
- Only a 50% score in 12th is enough to join this course.
- These students are the major helper for physicians at the time of surgeries.
- This course makes them experts in testing and taking care of their patients.
- The scope for this course is high, so there is demand for the B.Sc in cardiology and thoracic science graduates.
- Students can become nuclear cardiologists, electrocardiographic supervisors, cardiology technologists etc.
- The salary package also seems to be great for these graduates.
- B.Sc cardiovascular technology
B. Sc. in Cardiovascular Technology is an industry-oriented course that focuses on training students to manage and care for cardiovascular diseases. Students are given the training to help them manage a variety of cardiac disorders. Graduates support physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac and peripheral vascular conditions. They are essential during open-heart surgery, pacemaker implantation, and patient monitoring during these procedures. The course’s duration is four years, including the internship or clinical training for one year. SUAT and APEAMCET are the ideal entrance exam for this course, and students have to start the preparation earlier.
Benefits of B.Sc cardiovascular technology
- Students can get deep knowledge about the human cardiovascular system and advanced technologies of cardiovascular.
- Mental strength is essential for cardio professionals, and this course will train the students mentally and physically.
- Cardiovascular care and service require high-quality skills, and this course helps to attain and develop those skills.
- Provide an in-depth understanding of societal and environmental factors related to cardiovascular treatments and problems.
- Communication skills will improve communicating with patients once you complete the course.
- The graduates have demanded jobs in various sectors such as private and public sectors.
- They can become a cardiovascular technician and get jobs in several health centres, clinics, hospitals, and cardiovascular specialists.
- The annual salaries for the B.Sc cardiovascular technology graduates are always satisfactory for them.
- Merit-based admission is also there for this course.
- Diploma in Cardiovascular Technology
Another course in cardiology is a diploma in cardiovascular technology, and it is a three-year course. Students can join this diploma after completing 10th and the student will learn to insert the catheter, which means a small tube into a human’s blood vessels. All these processes are to be done carefully and so this course provides enough training to the students. By completing this course, the students will become Cardiovascular Technologists. These technologists are responsible for detecting heart disease and blockage in the blood vessels of the patients. They will notify the patient’s blood pressure and heart rate to prepare for invasive heart dealings.
Benefits of Diploma in Cardiovascular Technology
- The graduates will learn to work in a team supporting the cardiac surgeons and cardiologists in a high-level pressured hospital environment.
- The cardiovascular technologist’s scope and demand are more, so the job assurance is always there once you complete this course.
- This course trains the students to tackle the challenges in future.
- Apart from cardiovascular technologists, the graduates can support the physicians as Eco-Cardiographers, Cardiac electrophysiology specialists, Cardiac Sonographers, etc.
- Graduates can attain jobs in imaging centres, cardiologist clinics and multi-specialist hospitals.
- This course will cover many technical areas like cardiac catheterization, Echocardiography, Electrocardiography and ultrasound instrumentation.
- Get knowledge to use the techniques in effective ways.
- Many health care centres and hospitals offer good salaries for cardiovascular technicians.
- The graduates can become integral members in teams of the laboratory.
- Postgraduate Diploma in clinical cardiology (PGDCC)
Some people joined directly to the MBBS after completing 12th, but they wish to improve as a cadre of non-intervention cardiologists. For those students, a Postgraduate Diploma in clinical cardiology is a suitable course. Students can easily learn this course in distance education, and the duration of this course is two years. There is a large requirement for trained cardiologists for treating heart diseases in society. In many rural and urban areas, there is a big gap between the availability and requirement of cardiologists. So once completing the MBBS, the students can become cardiologist specialists by completing this course in a short period.
Benefits of Postgraduate Diploma in clinical cardiology (PGDCC)
- Graduates can manage and prevent common cardiovascular disease, which is non-invasive cardiology.
- Get in-depth knowledge of the risk features of cardiovascular diseases.
- Provide services like cardiac rehabilitation to the community.
- Job opportunities get into high-level as they complete both MBBS and this cardiology course.
- The salary package will be amazing for these graduates at any place.
- The graduates are trained to provide emergency treatment at smaller towns or villages, or districts for cardiac diseases.
- Apart from a heart attack, many other heart diseases, like blockages in blood vessels, etc., and these graduates treat those.
- There are no maximum and minimum age restrictions to learn this course.
Starting from lab technicians to specialists are there in cardiology and anyone can become an expert in cardiology by learning the courses mentioned earlier. The job opportunities are enlarged in national and international countries. Moreover, the cardiology profession is a most respectable job where it saves many people’s lives. Since the food habits of people cannot be changed completely to keep their hearts always healthy, heart problems and diseases will always exist in the upcoming years also. So the demand for cardio professionals will not decrease, and the payment for those professionals is also high. As mentioned earlier, analyze the course and choose the best one for you.