Are you a commerce student and confused about what to do next? No need to worry about it. Students have a question about whether it is possible to pursue B.Sc. Information Technology courses after 12th Commerce. The information technology industry is developing at a breakneck pace. Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is one course that qualifies students with knowledge of storage processing, securing, exposure to information processing, and maintaining databases. Commerce students, after completing 12th, can get into the IT field as they can benefit in many ways. On this page, you can explore the scope of a BSc.IT after completing 12th commerce:
How to pick the correct course after 12th commerce?
Many have yet to determine what course to pick after completing the 12th. Here is a small tip for choosing the right course after 12th commerce. Knowing about the various available options makes it more effortless to narrow down the area you would like to enter into building the required skill set will assist you in getting your dream job. Pinpoint your interest in discovering a relevant course. Check the syllabus and topics. Look for the best course in commerce, its eligibility, course duration, and fee. There are a considerable number of chances and opportunities available for you. One among them is BSc.IT and many people insist this course is a good choice for commerce students after completing their 12th standard.
Is it conceivable to pursue BSc IT after completing the 12th commerce stream?
Yes, you can pursue it. Though B.Sc. IT is known as a Science stream courses, and numerous Institutes also offer admission to Commerce stream students. But there are some necessities and restrictions, though.
Necessities and Restrictions:
In the case of most Institutes offering admission to Commerce stream students for B.Sc. IT program they have eligibility standards. Per the criteria, the student must have had computer or mathematics subjects during 11th and 12th Commerce stream schooling. Students who fulfill these criteria may take seats in such Colleges regarding B.Sc. IT course. But some other colleges don’t include these eligibility criteria.
What is BSc.IT?
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is a 3-year program concentrating on networking, databases, and software. Students know about software development, software engineering, web design, etc. Students discover about processing and storing data. You can involve in various jobs after completing BSc IT, mainly in the IT sector and public and private sector jobs. The entries can be merit-based or entrance-based, relying on the university or college.
Who should do BSc IT?
Candidates who wish to hold a career in managing databases, networking, or programming, Tech-savvy people who want to hunt for a career in IT and software technologies and students who are curious about creative work like web designing, graphic design, or application programming.
Why should I do BSc IT after the 12th?
The BSc IT course can assure you of an incredibly bright future. Here are a few motives why you should take up a BSc IT course:
- The students will profoundly understand managing and fastening vast amounts of data.
- They will get to learn about subjects like networking, databases, software development, and programming.
- As the IT industries increase, you can easily acquire a well-paid job.
- The average salary gained by an IT fresher is around 2-4.5 Lakhs per annum. Your income will boost with experience.
- Students can also opt for an educational career and teach at different academic institutes. They can also go for analysis or research activities.
- After finishing this course, you can also look for government, well-paid, and reputed career positions.
BSc IT Eligibility after the 12th:
Students should always check the eligibility criteria before enrolling in any course. Every institute or university has a specific eligibility condition to be fulfilled by every applicant. A Bachelor of Science in Information Technology course generally takes three years. This degree is mainly concentrated on subjects such as databases, software, and networking. Computer science degrees generally focus on the mathematical and theoretical bases of computing rather than underlining specific technologies. There aremany colleges and Universities which offer this course.The course is provided in regular form. Here is the list of typical BSc IT eligibility criteria after completing the 12th:
- Candidates who wish to enroll for B.Sc. Information Technology courses must have completed the 10+2 level of education from an acknowledged educational Board, with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics as the main subjects, and a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
- Candidates with a three-year Diploma from the State Technical Education are also qualified for the B.Sc IT course.
BSc IT Admission process:
BSc IT Admission takes place mainly based on merit. The merit-based admission method evaluates students based on their class 12 board exam marks. Students have to visit the college website or the college to enroll in the course.
The documents necessary for BSc admission are the 10th Marksheet, 12th Marksheet, Community Certificate, aadhar card, School Transfer Certificate, Conduct Certificate, and Entrance Exam Score Card.
BSc IT course entrance examination:
Specific colleges or institutes for admission to the undergraduate level execute the BSc IT Entrance Exam. Though specific colleges take direct access based on merits as per the cutoffs released, there are some standard entrance examinations that the students enroll for admission to respected colleges and universities. The checklists of such entrance examinations and their details are,
- SET – Symbiosis Entrance Test
- GSAT – Gautam Science Admission Test
- IISER – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
Higher studies after BSc IT:
Students have several choices for higher studies to extend their skillset and wisdom as BSc IT scope. They can also determine to teach in universities or other academies of education. Some of the prevalent opportunities after completing BSc IT is shown below:
- Post Graduation (M.Sc.-IT/ MCA)
- Masters of Technology
- Master of Business Administration – MBA
- MSc TechnologyMasters of IT
- Masters of Information Management and Systems
- Masters of Science in IT
- MBA in Information Technology
- Studies abroad for MS or MBA
Other certification courses after BSc IT:
Certification courses are open for candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree in IT. That is more beneficial and crucial for all students who have completed BSc. IT. The courses are,
- Software Programming & Development Courses
- Web Designing & Development Courses
- Diploma in Multimedia & Web Technology
- Hardware Network & Security Courses
- Animation Courses and Designing Courses
- Digital Film-Making Courses
BSC IT Specialization courses:
There are numerous options for the aspirants to choose various specialization courses in the BSc IT course. Data Analytics, Software Development, Computer Networks, Cybersecurity, Digital Investigation, Information System Management, Application Development, and Network Administration issome of them.
BSc IT skills required
Essentials skills required for a successful career as an IT professional include analytical skills, creativity, problem solving skills, resilience, and critical-thinking skills.
Scope of BSc IT jobs
BSc IT scope is countless. After completing BSc. IT course there are lot of scope for the students. They have many sorts of jobs. Here are some of the most exciting and lucrative pathways for you, have a look:
- IT Expert, Quality Analyst
- Hardware and Network Expert, Computer Information Specialist
- Application Programmer, Database Administrator
- Graphic Designer, Information Technologist
- Strategic Information Planner, System Administrator
- Enterprise Information, Officer Information
- Information Architect, Information Security Coordinator
- Systems Manager, Computer Support Specialist
- Legal Information Specialist, Maintenance Technician
- System Analyst, System Designer
- Product Specialist, Web Designer
Categories of BSc IT courses
The candidates get a chance to select various types of BSc in Information Technology courses. They can seek a full-time, part-time, or distance education course in the BSc in Information Technology. They can pursue their BSc. IT courses anytime and anywhere. Below mentioned are some categories:
BSc. IT Full time
The full-time BSc. IT course period is three years. The BSc in Information Technology full-time course is a normal graduation course with live lectures in the classroom. It is a degree program that improves candidates with strong skills in a distinct subject. There are many benefits of a BSc. IT full-time course, as the candidates can achieve a lot of exposure, valuable knowledge, and experience and interact straight with their faculty and students.
BSc. IT Part-time
The BSc in Information Technology part-time courses are typically opted for by aspirants who cannot attend regular classes. The BSc. IT part-time course period ranges from 3 to 6 years. There are also numerous advantages of the part-time course as the students can pursue this course on one side by going to work.
BSc.IT Distance learning
Many governments and private colleges or institutes offer the BSc. IT distance education course at the undergraduate level. BSc in Information Technology distance education mode is primarily pursued by working specialists who cannot attend the course in a full-time mode due to various causes like personal problems, fees, work-life, etc. The BSc. IT Distance course period is three years full-time.
If you are perplexed about whether to select BSc in IT because of its future opportunities without hesitation, you should build a career with BSc in IT degree. You can go for private and government sector jobs as it has immense scope. Commerce students don’t have to overthink. If you are interested, kindly go for it and have a successful career in the future.
2 thoughts on “Scope of bsc it After 12th Commerce”
Umang• March 31, 2023
Which colleges are the commerce students eligible to take bscit in mumbai. Please help me through it, I am very confused if any colleges in mumbai have eligibility or no.
Pooja Chavan• May 11, 2023
It was very helpful , thanks