If you are wondering whether you can pursue B.Tech after B.Sc, undoubtedly you can do your courses as dreamt. As a student, you may frequently need clarification about how to take admission to B.Tech after completing your B.Sc/diploma or whether you can be admitted to the B.Tech lateral entry course. But you can quickly pursue B.Tech in engineering courses after completing your B.Sc. Apart from the core engineering field, B Tech permits candidates to work in Information Technology, Data Analysis, and Administration. However, you will not be able to pursue B.Tech in IT if you have a B.Sc in any other specialization except IT and Computer Science. So you have various courses to do B. Tech courses after completion of B.Sc and here are the list of Best BTech courses after BSc:
After completion of a B.Sc in a specialization of Physics, chemistry, and maths, you can do a course of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Civil Engineering. It is possible to join through the lateral entry scheme. You may be admitted in the second year of the Engineering course. The Civil engineering course deals with the design and development of transportation systems, buildings, bridges, highways, flyovers, etc.
- Course Duration – You may complete the course in three years through a lateral scheme after completing your B.Sc.
- Career opportunity – Once you complete your course in B.Tech Civil engineering after B.Sc, you have vast opportunities to work in a civil field. Also, you have job opportunities from prevalent companies and have a chance to work in foreign countries. Moreover, the average salary package may offer around three to five lakhs per annum.
- You can also pursue Post graduation to equip more after a course of B.Tech in civil. The courses are M. Tech in Structural Engineering, M. Tech in Construction Technology, M. Tech in Geotechnical Engineering, Post Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering, and Certificate Course in Building Design.
Computer Science and Engineering
If you have completed Bsc in computer science or IT except for other specializations like Physics, chemistry, or maths, you can pursue the course B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering through a lateral scheme. Computer Science and Engineering play a vital role for students who want to make a future in software development. It combines various electrical, electronics, robotics, and other engineering applications with computer science.
- Course Duration – If you have completed a B.Sc in computer science or IT, you may do a course for three years through the lateral scheme.
- Career Opportunity – The number of job opportunities is increasing, and you have a vast scope to apply for different job opportunities. You can make a career in the options like Software Developer, System Analyst, Software Developer, Software Designer, System Designer, and Programmer Analyst. The average salary package may offer approximately three to twelve lakhs per annum.
- You can also pursue a PG course after computer science and engineering. The courses are PGP in Data Science and Business Analytics, PGP in Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning and Software Engineering Course.
Electronics and Communications Engineering
If you have completed B.Sc in Electronics and Communications Engineering, you can do a course in B.Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering through a lateral scheme. Electronics & Communication Engineering deals with electronic devices, circuits, and communication equipment like transmitters, receivers, and integrated circuits. It also deals with fundamental electronics, analog and digital dispatch & reception of data, voice and video, satellite transmission, microwave engineering, and wave advancement.
- Course Duration – If you have completed B.Sc in Electronics and Communications Engineering, you can do a B.Tech course in the same specialization for three years through a lateral scheme.
- Career Opportunity – After completion of the degree, job opportunities can be readily available in manufacturing industries and service organizations such as broadcasting, consulting, data communication, entertainment, research and development, and system support. You can get an average salary package from four to six lakh per annum.
- You may opt for a post-graduation M.Tech and, after that Ph.D. in Electronics and Communication Engineering if you do not want to go for a job.
After completion of a B.Sc in a specialization of Physics, chemistry, and maths, you are eligible to pursue a B.Tech course in Mechanical engineering through a lateral scheme. B.Tech Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest fields of engineering. Mechanical engineering is the science that creates the principles of Engineering, Physics, and Materials Science for the planning, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of automated systems.
- Course Duration – If you hold a B.Sc in Physics or chemistry or maths, you can pursue a B.Tech course in Mechanical Engineering through a lateral scheme.
- Career Opportunity – You can get job opportunities, including Mechanical Engineers, Service Engineers, Consultants, Instructional Designers, Mechanical Designers, etc. The average package expected for fresh graduates usually ranges between three to six lakhs per annum.
If you have done B.Sc in physics or maths, or chemistry, you are eligible to pursue a course in B.Tech Electrical Engineering through a lateral scheme. Students of Electrical engineering work in myriad industries, such as hardware companies, large power plants, industrial machinery, electrical motors, and computer chips. They also manufacture ignition systems for automobiles, aircraft, space crafts, and engines.
- Course Duration – If you have completed B.Sc in Physics or Maths or chemistry, you can do the course B.Tech in Electrical Engineering for three years with a lateral scheme.
- Career Opportunity – BTech Electrical Engineering course exposes you to various career options. You have excellent demands in the market. The average annual salary ranges between approximately three to seven lakhs.
- After completing B. Tech in Electrical Engineering, you can opt for higher study options like M. Tech in the related area. To become an M.Tech degree holder, the aspirant has to score well in the GATE examination carried out nationally.
After completion of a B.Sc in a specialization of physics, chemistry, or maths, you are eligible to pursue a course of B.Tech in Mining Engineering. You can continue the course with the help of a lateral scheme. The course is a branch of engineering that deals with the theory, science, application, and technology of processing and extracting resources from the natural environment. The engineering course satisfies the rising demand for mining engineers. Besides training for the extraction and processing of mineral entities, BTech Mining Engineering Syllabus equips you with a tendency to often look for creative methods of mining that mitigate the consequential damage rendered by the mining process.
- Course Duration – If you have completed B.Sc in a specialization of physics or chemistry or maths, you can continue the study B.Tech in Mining Engineering for three years through a lateral scheme.
- Career Opportunity – You have a variety of Career Options in different sectors such as education, mining industry, processing industry, capital equipment, locomotive platform, and mining equipment. The average salary package will offer approximately three to seven lakhs.
- You can also pursue Post graduation after Btech in Mine engineering. You can follow courses like M. Tech in Mining Engineering, M. Tech in Mine Planning and Design, M. Tech in Opencast Mining, and Ph.D. Mining Engineering. It will help you to live your career in the next stage to earn more money.
You can prefer a B.Tech in Automobile engineering after completing a B.Sc in physics, chemistry, or maths. You can continue your study through the lateral scheme with above sixty percent aggregate marks. Automobiles have become one of the essential aspects of life and thus, the need for an automobile engineer and the prospect of the demand only increasing with time is obvious. It is considered an advanced course and should be taken up only at the very best.
- Course Duration – If you have done B.sc in physics or chemistry or maths, you can continue the Btech course in Automobile engineering with the help of a lateral scheme.
- Career Opportunity – BTech in Automobile Engineering offers exceptional career opportunities and exposure in the field. The average annual income will range between two to seven lakhs.
- You can also pursue a Post-graduation like M. Tech in Manufacturing Technology, M. Tech in Automotive Engineering & e-Manufacturing. It will ladder you up to the next level of a career change to build economic growth.
If you have completed a B.Sc in Microbiology, you can pursue the course Btech Biotechnology. You can study and follow through with the help of a lateral scheme. And the most important reason to choose B. Tech in Biotechnology is the curiosity to make and improve the quality of products. B. Tech in Biotechnology has a wide application in agriculture, introducing new and better medicines and environmental safety.
- Course Duration – If you want to study a course Btech in Biotechnology, you may prefer three years through a lateral scheme.
- Career Opportunity – Btech Biotechnology is an innovative field that promises job opportunities in sectors and industries such as medicine, agriculture, energy, and the environment. You can expect an average annual salary of approximately five to eight lakhs.
- You can also pursue a post-graduation in Biotechnology after graduation. You can choose courses like M.Tech or M.BA per your need and comfort.
Summing it up
In the above section, you can learn about the Best B.Tech courses after Bsc. It will help you to bring wary both in education and career. If you know what you need, you may have a better future to tackle the situations most efficiently.