Microsoft Project helps you plan and manage complex projects efficiently. Explore the many features and support options for Project 2013, and get tips for getting started quickly and working with templates, charts, reports, and more.
Overview of Microsoft Project
Microsoft originally purchased the software from another company and released its own version in 1985. The most recent version of the software is Microsoft Project 2016.
Microsoft Project allows the project manager to enter the tasks of a project (also known as the “work breakdown structure” or WBS) and assign workers (known as “resources“) to those tasks, as well as cost information.
Microsoft Project also provides functionality that allows the user to create reports that communicate the status and progress of a project.
Microsoft Project 2016
- Project Standard 2016: Allows a single-user to easily create modern reports to measure progress and communicate project details effectively with your team and stakeholders.
- Project Professional 2016:Includes all the capabilities in Project Standard 2016 as well as collaboration capabilities to quickly start and deliver projects while leveraging the power of Office 365 or SharePoint to work from virtually anywhere. This version integrates Skype for Business to call or instant message team members from Project Professional.
- Project Online Professional:Delivers the latest version of Project Professional as a subscription through Office 365. The software is automatically kept up to date (with options for customizable policies) and users on the go can work from the computer of their choice by streaming the complete desktop client with Project on Demand.
- Project Online Essentials:For use with projects that are managed with Project Online or Project Server. Allows team members to access timesheets, manage tasks, add issues and risks, and collaborate from anywhere.
- Project Online Premium:Provides a flexible online solution for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work. Delivered through Office 365, Project Online enables organizations to get started, prioritize project portfolio investments and deliver the intended business value—from virtually anywhere on nearly any device.
- Project Server 2016: A flexible, on-premises solution for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work. Team members, project participants, and business decision makers can get started, prioritize project portfolio investments and deliver the intended business value from virtually anywhere. This version requires SharePoint 2016, which is licensed separately.
Features Introduced in Microsoft Project 2016
- Multiple Timeline View:See more than one visually enhanced timeline view to help visualize different phases of your project plan. You can set both start and end dates for each timeline from this view.
- Resource Engagements:Request a resource in project and your resource manager can accept or deny your request. If accepted, your resource will lock to ensure availability.
- Resource Views:A designated space for resource managers to look at and accept or deny all resource requests.
- Resource Capacity Heat Maps:New reporting feature that allows you to quickly see how your resources are being used.
- Tell Me:Instead of searching in Project or in the online help resources, Tell Me, will look for whatever solution you need.
- Add-ins:Microsoft Project Add-ins are now easier than ever to integrate with your Project. Microsoft partner applications can be downloaded in the same efficient manner as templates from the Office store.
- New Themes:Change your project theme to which ever theme you prefer: colorful, dark gray, and white.
- In-App Feedback:You can now give your comments, opinions, and suggestions directly to Microsoft in the File tab by clicking on the Feedback section
|Single participant||Rs.5, 900 (Rs.5, 000 + (18%) GST )|
|Group of 5 members and above joining together in a batch.||Rs.4, 720 (Rs.4, 000 + (18%) GST )|