ISDI (iss-dee), inaugurated its founding batch of under- and postgraduate studies in July 2013, committing to a new educational model, inspired by the idea of design and innovation as transformative forces in society. We believe: disciplines of design and innovation play a significant role in addressing issues of economic development and social improvement. These challenges take on a special urgency in India, where a growing population and a rapidly evolving society crucially needs a strong design intervention. Located in the dynamic coastal city of Mumbai, ISDI offers a series of globally benchmarked Undergraduate Programs (UGP), four-year intensive programs (foundation year plus three-year specialization) for students across the disciplines of fashion, interior, product, and communication design. Opportunities to engage in design education for graduates and young professionals started in September 2013, with the launch of ISDI’s one-year Post-Graduate Program (PGP). The admissions for 2020 are now open.
- ISDI School of Design & Innovation has been established in 2013 in curricular collaboration with Parsons, The New School New York (ranked #1 in 2019 by QS Rankings for Art & Design Education in USA)
- Students get an opportunity to secure placements and internships in companies like-
- Sabyasachi Couture
- Harper’s Bazaar and more
- Students are exposed to various international academic opportunities like transfers, scholarships, masters progressions and exchange programs.
- The courses are based on an industry and academia collaboration which involves the active participation of industry experts in mentoring the curricular offerings, enhancing student experiences and molding learners into effective and efficient professionals
- The curriculum offers a majority of practical learning environments which enables transformative learning to the students by allowing the conversion of classroom teachings into experiential models.
- Being situated in the heart of Mumbai city and at the hub of innovation and social hotbeds, the students use the city as a laboratory for ground-breaking projects.
- Listing categories Bachelors Degree / Study Abroad / Architecture / Design
- Location / Region India (IN)/ Mumbai (Bombay)
- Payment Option Scholarship, Installment, Online Payment
- Education level Beginner, Intermediate
- Accredited by AICTE, IGNOU, PARSONS
- Eligibility UNDERGRADUATE
- Education Subject Design
- Duration 4 YEARS
- Education Type Classroom
- Course Location: SDI Mumbai, , ISDI Tower, One Indiabulls Centre, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013.
- Study Material Yes - Provided by Institute
- Hostel Facilities Available
- Entrance tests ISDI CHALLENGE
- Do You Accept International Students? Yes
- Library Available
- Cafeteria Available
- Transport Facilities Not Available
- Sports and Gymnasium Available
- Free Wifi Available
- Placement Facilities Available
Undergraduate Program in Design
ISDI’s undergraduate design courses combine a world-class curriculum, state-of-the-art campus, industry-leading faculty and hands-on, project-based training to prepare students for a path-breaking career in design and innovation. Our design courses leverage unique learning methodologies to help future designers, innovators and entrepreneurs realize their creative potential, and turn their ideas into meaningful solutions. It is one of the premier undergraduate design courses in India.The program offers specializations in - Product Design Fashion Design Interior Design Communication Design Fashion Communication & Styling Strategic Design Management
- Undergraduate Program in Fashion Design - Full time - 4 years
- Undergraduate Program in Product Design - Full time - 4 years
- Undergraduate Program in Interior Design - Full time - 4 years
- Undergraduate Program in Communication Design - Full time - 4 years
- Undergraduate Program in Fashion Communication & Styling - Full time - 4 years
- Undergraduate Program in Strategic Design Management - Full time - 4 years
- Postgraduate Program in Fashion Business Management - Full time - 11 months
- Postgraduate Program in Design & Innovation - Full time - 11 months
- Postgraduate Program in Integrated Products of Design - Full time - 11 months
Fashion Design, Interior Design, Communication Design, Industrial / Product Design, Graphic Design, Furniture Design, Textile Design, UI/UX, Visual Merchandising, Exhibition Design, Apparel Design, Information Design, Knitwear Design, Toy Design,